91 WAGON AND IT WILL NOT START. ANY SUGGESTS ON WHAT I SHOULD REPLACE FIRST.

1991 Subaru Legacy • 220,000 miles

The lights come on when the key is turned but just a single click that's it. It has started a couple of times just fine then nothing again. Battery cables are clean and tight. Voltmeter shows that it is good. Hooked up a battery charger just in case but nothing. Jumped the car and it started right up. Then the next time it wouldn't even start with a jump. Since it is a manual I can bump start it and that seems to be the only way it will start now. I need to get back and forth to work and I can't depend on my husband pushing me or asking someone else to. Any suggests on what I should replace first. I've been told it could be the starter, starter solenoid, ignition, or the alternator. I don't have very much money and need to get it fixed asap. Thank you for your time and any input is very much appreciated.
Raindrop78

Sounds like their is a fault with the starter/solenoid. Does it start if you get someone to tap the starter when you turn the key?

Shadeydaz
I did try that and no it didn't do anything. Just the same one click.

Raindrop78
If you are sure the battery isn't flat, and has plenty of power. Check the cables to the battery terminals. Check the engine earth wire. If they are all good, the starter will need to be removed and changed or overhauled.

Shadeydaz