CLUTCH PROBLEMS

1991 Plymouth Laser • 226,000 miles

Took my car in for a new clutch, when the mechanic handed me the keys after ward, he then handed me the pilot bearing and said it wouldnt fit, just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem, and how they fixed it
Tank987

Well kind of important part I would have handed it back not paid till it was installed. Was this a BUBA shop?

Docfixit
He thinks something was replaced from another car that doesn't fit, he thinks the wrong flywheel is in there, it was in the shop in the first place cause I didnt have time to take it apart to replace the clutch, but I might have to anyway

Tank987
Another question I have is can the car run long enough to get across town to my garage?

Tank987
It could run and shift good without replacement just good to have new

Docfixit
It shifts good now with the new clutch, if all I have to worry about for now is the noise, thats ok for a few days till I get it replaced, thanks for the info

Tank987
O.K. Bad thing to happen

Docfixit