CAN YOU HELP ME DIAGNOSE MY CHARGING SYSTEM MALFUNCTION PLEASE?

1991 Plymouth Acclaim • 135,000 miles

The alternator and battery test good, but the battery receives NO charge from the alternator. I replaced the ECM with a salvaged one, the results were the same so I switched the old one back.I've identified a short circuit in fuse 2. All of the wires under the dash and in the engine compartment look good, grounds and connections appear tight with little corrosion. I've been doing continuity tests with a haines manual, everything looks good so far. Any suggestions, or do you know where I can find a more detailed wiring diagram?
Solarnate

Do you have 12 volts to the back of the alternator?

I think my voltage at the back of the alternator was a little higher, I'll check again tomorrow. I'm also planning on checking the fusible links and running more continuity tests.

Solarnate
I found 12.4 Volts on one of the connections at the back of the alternator (to the - terminal), the battery voltage was 12.75 at the time.

Solarnate
You have to consult an expert mechanic or an auto merchandise outlet near you. Hy does every portable electronic device require a different charger? If they were all regular, life would be so much simpler and user-friendly. That is precisely why eight of the world's top automakers have joined forces to demonstrate a standardized interface for charging all EV and hybrid plug-ins.

Mauriciotan
That was a terrible response. Thanks for nothing. I asked for suggestions or wiring diagrams. 3 weeks and I get "take it to a shop", my wife suggested that after 5 minutes. They sent me a link to buy a new car, do you think I would be trying to fix this beater if I could afford a new car! Is this just because I didn't "donate" (PAY)? Here on planet earth, we believe in freedom of information, words are not a commodity, Money does not control our thoughts and expressions. If you feel differently, then shut up cuz I ain't paying to hear your crap. I got much better advice, for free, from several different neighbors. So again, thanks for nothing.

Solarnate
Well, that will get you a lot of help.

Wrenchtech
I don't really know who I'm talking to. All I know is that my questions have not been answered, and I'm over trying to find answers on this forum or any of the other ones I've tried. Everyone wants you to pay money to find out the least little detail. "Take it to an expert mechanic" thanks, whoever wrote that. I thought I was speaking with a mechanic.

I tried asking nicely for help 2 weeks ago. I apologize if I come off like a real jerk here, but what kind of response was that? I asked for assistance or diagrams, I was given crappy advise, am I wrong? Again, my apologies for being annoyed, if anyone has any good advise I'm willing to try it. If not, thanks anyway, I will get this handled myself without having to buy a new vehicle.

Solarnate
Anybody is allowed to post here but if it doesn't have the pink background on the answer, then it wasn't posted by one of the regular experts here. We do this voluntarily on our own time.

The voltage regulator for your car is built into the Engine Control Module. Wilt a voltmeter attached across the battery to read voltage, locate the dark green wire at the alternator and back probe it with a jumper wire. With the engine idling, momentarily ground it and see if the voltage jumps up. If so, you need a new computer.

Wrenchtech