NEED HELP DETERMINING WHY MY FUEL PUMP KEEPS FAILING

1991 Nissan Pathfinder • 100,000 miles

My fuel pump keeps failing and i'm not sure y i'm currently removing the tank and cleaning it out to eliminate contaminated fuel as the problem but am now thinking its an electrical problem.

When I bought the vehicle the fuel pump was just replaced and after a month or so I had to replace it and the fuel pump housing because of a fried connection on the top(can provide picture if needed).

I am wondering if I have a bad wire harness but am not sure how to test that.

I was considering bypassing the harness completely but am not sure if that is possible I don't know if my pump requires less or more volts then the battery puts out.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Scottscott07

No bypassing.

The electrical issue is the reason for your failures. Resolve those issues with a new complete unit, not a build a pump, drop the tank have all the crap flushed out and you will have no worries

Ok what unit are u talking about the wire harness or the fuel pump and housing.

Because I was told at the parts store that I cant buy a new fuel pump housing I had to find a used one and could only buy a fuel pump

Scottscott07
Go to the dealer. It will be more money but well worth it.

Used is a bad idea. Parts stores dont carry complete units.

Ok ill try it thanks for the tip very much apreciated

Scottscott07