WHY IS MY CAR SHAKING AND STALLING?

1991 Honda Civic

I have a 1991 Honda Civic hatchback that is shaky and when I step on the gas the car
does not feel like it's accelerating. The other day the battery light flickered and then
the car died. I was able to restart it right away however I thought it was the battery
so I replaced it. Today when I drove it, the car was still shaky and still no power when
stepping on the gas so replacing the battery didn't help. As I was pulling into the parking
lot at work, it died on me again and the lights came on and I was able to start it right away
again. What can be causing the car to stall? I have had lots of parts replaced. The fuel
filter was just replaced 2 months ago. I need to know what can cause the car to, A: Be Shaky
B: Not accelerate when stepping on the gas C: Keeps stalling. Please help.

- Frustrated
Marythao

Start with basics. Get a compression test.

Plugs, wires, cap, rotor? Hen was the last time it was serviced?

Honestly its been serviced 4-5 times within the last 6 months and parts have been replaced several times. Plugs, wires, caps you name it its been replaced. Except for the timing belt. Don't know about the alternator either.

Marythao
Get the compression test first

What would the compressor test do? Would it determine the cause?

Marythao
This did not satisfy my question. Was hoping to get a little more out of it.

Marythao
Compression. It will tell us if the motor has the ability to work on all 4 cylinders. If 1 is down, it could be a burnt valve, piston, etc. This is major engine work. Trying to eliminate this right off the bat.

Is the Check Engine Light indicating?