I HAVE A VP S/WAGON MODEL AND THE HEATER CORE IS STUFFED. HOW DO I STRAECH THE HEATER HOSE SO AS I CAN GET IT TO GO OVER THE HEATER PIPE?

1991 Holden Commodore

Heat leaking into interior of the car, removed heater and cannot get the hose to go over the heater pipes, how can I streach the hose so as to get it to slide far enough onto the pipes?
Thylacoleo

You can try getting some Silicone Spray. You can also make sure you do it where the hose can be warm so it is maliable.

Thanks, where would I buy the silicone sprea from and would I be able to use a small amount of Vaseline actual rubber hose end or the pipe?

Thylacoleo
Sounds as if the wrong hose is being used, check that the correct dia hose is being used, you can get full hose kits at Repco, Bursons and other larger retailers, these are great value.

Mhpautos
The heater core has 2 different size pipes and you need to use an adapter to bypass them.

Wrenchtech
Thank you to those who have answered my Q so far. I also have the problem where someone has on the past cut the pipes comming thru the fire wall and just cut the pipes from the heater core and put hose onbetween the 2 ends. So I am unable to get the 2 origional pipes out from the firewall, Are they attached by a screw to the firewall under the dash somewhere? Thank's

Thylacoleo
You're not going to get those pipes out. They are part of the heater core and there is no reason to if you are just bypassing the core. It's the hoses from the engine that need to be connected together.

Wrenchtech
Just loop the heater hoses you can get a joiner at any parts outlet.

Mhpautos