HAS NO POWER ANY IDEAS?

1991 Geo Tracker • 91,000 miles

I HAVE A 91 GEO TRACKER THAT HAD NO INJECTOR PULSE, I READ ONLINE THAT IF I RAN A GROUND WIRE FROM THE GROUND SIDE OF THE COIL TO THE GROUND SIDE OF THE INJECTOR IT WILL WORK AND IT DOES. BUT IT HAS NO POWER AND SPITS AN SPUTTERS. IF I SPRAY FUEL IN THE THROTTLE BODY IT WILL REV UP FINE. HAS A NEW FUEL PUMP AND FILTER. ALSO CHECKED TIMING IT GOOD.
Underpower1213

Is the MIL indicating and have you checked for trouble codes?

The injector pulsing is done by the computer and if you ground the circuit, the injector would be opened fully all the time resulting in flooding as too much fuel is being injected.

The cam position sensor is one of the major component for sending signal to the PCM to pulse the injectors. Have it checked.

THE CODE IS 1 FLASH AND 2 FLASH, ACCORDING TO WHAT I'M READING THAT IS OK. WHERE IS THE CAM SENSOR LOCATED? IT DOESN'T FLOOD IT IS STARVING FOR THE FUEL.

Underpower1213
Yes, Code 12 indicates no trouble codes are present.

What I meant was if you ground the wire as you suggested.

You would need to test the injector circuit pulsing with a n oid light to know if the circuits are working.

For the earlier models the cam sensor is seldom referred separately and it is inside the distributor.

Your problem is more likely be due to fuel pressure or a faulty ECM. Though you might have a new fuel pump, the pressure could be low due to a faulty fuel pressure regulator.

THANKS FOR INFO. I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.

Underpower1213
You're welcome and keep us posted.