FORD THUNDERBIRD FUEL FILTER PROBLEM

1991 Ford Thunderbird • 90,000 miles

My son's using our 1991 Tbird 3.8L in Seattle where he lives now and is having starting problems with the car. He had called AAA once a month or so ago and they came by and reset the fuel interia switch and the car started. Over this past weekend, it did the same thing only resetting the inertia switch isn't doing anything but we did jump out the switch to see if that would help.

Next, I'm looking for the fuel pump relay and am guessing it might be a small modular type relay under the hood somewhere. (Often times these relays are universal so there's another one a guy can switch with momentarily). Thought he might give that a try before having the car towed to a repair shop as, I'm starting to wonder if it's a clogged fuel filter or bad pump or perhaps something else.

Thanks for any thoughts or pointers. Also, the car's in Seattle if anyone has shop recommendations. : -)

Coverland