FORD F-150 CLUTCH PROBLEM

1991 Ford F-150 • 80,000 miles

My clutch peddle goes to the floor.
Jasatterfield

CHECK THE FLUID IN THE CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER

LOOK FOR LEAKS -- MECHANICAL BREAKAGES

THE CLUTCH MASTER OR SLAVE CYLINDER COULD BE DEFECTIVE AND ALLOWING FLUID TO SLIP BY

AIR IN THE SYSTEM COULD BE AN ISSUE---ONE OF THE ISSUES ABOVE COULD BE ALLOWING IT IN--OR THE FLUID OUT

WHEN EVERYTHING IS FIXED, A GOOD BLEEDING IS PROBABLY IN ORDER

Fluid in the master new slave no leeks. Air is in the system after the last slave was bad. How do I bleed?

Jasatterfield
You tube does not have the type of slave or master that my 1991 f-150 has.

Jasatterfield
THAT WOULDA BEEN NICE IF THEY DID HAVE

I LIKE THE "MONKEY SEE-MONKEY DO" STUFF

I WENT BACK AND GOT THIS FROM MITCHELL I---AN ONLINE REPAIR MANUAL FOR MANY RIGS (MOSTLY FROM THE '80s ON UP) IT IS VERY HELPFUL FOR ME, WHEN I'VE NOT DEALT WITH CERTAIN SYSTEMS ON UNFAMILIAR VEHICLES

LET ME KNOW IF THIS AIDS YOU

..............AS I WANT TO KNOW IF YOU'RE GONNA COME HELP ME WITH SOME RUST HOLES SHOWING UP IN MY '77 JEEP CJ 5? (I'VE BEEN PUTTING IT OFF)---- MY '46 NO LONGER HAS THAT PROBLEM

THIS MIGHT ALSO HELP YOU IN THE FUTURE WITH OTHER ISSUES--I'VE BEEN USING THEM SINCE I WAS ABOUT 13 YEARS OLD IN '76, HELPIN' THE OLDER HIGH SCHOOL-ERS FIX THEIR RIDES. IN FACT I ALREADY HAD ONE BEFORE I GOT MY 1ST JEEP....SORTA A "WISH BOOK" AT THE TIME...SEE MY LINK

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2007-ford-taurus-tune-up

BELOW IS WHAT "MITCHELL I" SAYS

KEEP ME POSTED ON PROGRESS