MY WOUNT START

1991 Ford Bronco • 86,000 miles

Ok I got a 91 ford bronco 5.8L v8 I replaced the distributor ignition mod. And new plugs and wires new coil and I have spark from the coil bit not from the distribbutor and I think the motor is not at top dead center on the no 1 cylinder. How can I fix it and get it back in timeing. And fix the spark issues
Truckdrivendaddy

So you changed distributors?

Fixitmr
Yes I did

Truckdrivendaddy
Also replaced cap and rotor too

Truckdrivendaddy
So when it's on TDC is distributor rotor pointing a #1 spark plug wire?

Fixitmr
Im not sure how to tell if the motor is tdc

Truckdrivendaddy
Crankshaft balancer has mark and front chain cover has gauge plate and you can feel piston thru spark plug hole with wire/hanger.

Fixitmr
Ok will check it in the am and get back to you

Truckdrivendaddy
Ok got the motor tdc and the rotor on the no 1 plug wire but still not firing any ideas? I got spark from the coil to the distributor.

Truckdrivendaddy
HAVE IGNITION MODULE TESTED

SEE MY ANSWER ON "February 17, 2011" (ABOUT 3/4 OF THE WAY DOWN THE THREAD), LOOK AT #4----AT THIS POST

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1984-jeep-cherokee-cj7

Ok is there a home test for the modulator bec there is no place here in spencer ia that can test them. And was also told that the pick up in side the distributor could have gone bad any thoughts on this?

Truckdrivendaddy