VISTA ENGINE TROUBLES

1991 Eagle Other • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual • 263,000 miles

I have a 1991 (Chrysler/Dodge)Eagle Vista this car is a 2-wheel dr 5 speed and recently it's been doing 3 problematic things;

1. With cruise control feature turned on so that when I am ready to set a speed I can, the check engine light is on.

2. In the last week my car has shut off while driving ( and would likely coast to a stop) and all the emergency lights would light up on the dashboard, now turning off the ignition and restarting even while in motion corrects the error. This problem typically happens when slowing down from highway speeds.

3. Also for the last week the car has been chugging and sluggish to respond in each of the gears we thought maybe some bad gas and put some fuel de-icer in but unless putting the rpm's over 3 on the tacometer the engine is giving us whiplash and it does this in all 5 gears but not in reverse, nor at highway cruising speeds.

We have checked the oil levels and the air filter, and all other fluids as well. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated as I am currently unemployed and do not have money to replace my car at this time.

This is my first time on this site and I am not sure how responses are done so my email is paws40@hotmail. Com if you can respond with Vista in the subject line you answer would not be missed. Thank you.
DinamoCalypso