WHY IS ONE SIDE OF THE RADIO HAVE STATIC?

1991 Chevrolet Van • 103,000 miles

When I play the radio or tape it will get fuzzy on only the passenger side. Dash, door and rear speakers. It still has the stock radio in it
Kylehertzler

I would start by making sure the wiring harness to the rear of the radio is tight. It may have come loose over the years.

I have the radio out and the wires are in tight and it is still fuzzy. I tried wiggling them but that doesn't change anything.

Kylehertzler
The only other thing that I can think of is the amp in the radio is starting to go bad.

Ok I am getting a radio out of a 96 buick regal according to some other sites online that should fit. In case it doesn't what do you suggest? Go to a scrap yard or get a new one?

Kylehertzler
It should fit. If it doesn't, go to a salvage yard and get one. If you get an aftermarket one, then you need to modify the wiring.

Alright thanks for all your help I will see what happens.

Kylehertzler
Let me know if you have other questions.

Did you test the speaker?

Fixitmr
The way that I tested it was hard to tell but it is all the speakers on the passenger side. All the ones on the drivers side are ok. I have a headphone jack with 2 bare wires that I put into my iPod and then touched to the hot points and some sound came through. Is there a better way to test it?

Kylehertzler
Well ideally if you could rig good side to play out other side that would be the best test.

Fixitmr