STARTING PROBLEM

1991 Chevrolet Truck • V8 2WD Automatic •

1991 chevy 3500 w/ 454. Intermittant problem starting. No spark or fuel. I have replaced ecu, ignition module, cap rotor, coil wires and plugs. Fuel filter and relay.
Rockymtnspot

Did check primary voltage at the coil, pink wire, goes hot with the key on. Any voltage? Any applicable trouble codes? The pick-up coil sends a signal through the ignition module to the computer, without that signal, no spark or injector pulse.

I replaced coil already. Do not know how to check for pulse. This problem is wierd. All of the sudden it will start and run for 2 to 5 weeks, then just not start.

Rockymtnspot
I am going to check for codes now

Rockymtnspot
Did you check for voltage on the pink wire, key on. Which coil did you replace? I don't believe you can replace pickup coil with removing distributor?

I just checked for codes. There were no codes thrown.

Rockymtnspot
Can you answer my questions about the pick-up coil and pink wire?

I replaced the coil that is outside of distributer. Where the coil wire goes.

Rockymtnspot
How about the pink, use a voltmeter, should be hot/voltage with the key on.

I dont have voltmeter. I have TBI with 2 injectors. One injector has a red and blue wire and the other injector has a green and white wire. I used a simple test light and checked the red wire and it lit up with the ingnition turned on.

Rockymtnspot
You said you have no spark. Without at least a voltmeter or testlite, it's hard to do any testing.

Page 1 of 2