MAKING A RATTLING NOISE?

1990 Toyota Pickup • 4 cylinder 4WD Manual •

When I accelerate epically in third gear I can hear a rattling sound have no idea what it is. Anyone got any ideas?
Dribbler1

Can you give me more details? What have you checked? Does it sound like it is coming from the front? Rear? Under the hood? Ect. The more detail you can give me the more likely I'll be able to help.

Promechanic
Its hard to tell because it happens like I said going down the road. I dont know what to check. Ive made sure there wasnt anything loose but after that im at a loss. It sounds like its coming from under the truck in the middle or front.

Dribbler1
First, make sure that you don't have any rocks in your hub caps.
Then make sure that there is nothing contacting the driveline.
One thing that you can do to help pinpoint where the noise is coming from is try to drive the truck right next to a wall, or concrete highway barrier. This will make it so you can tell easier where the noise is coming from.

Promechanic
I know it's not rocks because I don't have any hub caps. There is nothing touchin the drive line I did check that. How about the universal joint?

Dribbler1
It could be a U joint. If you have a pry bar you can get under it and try to pry it around and see if there is any play in it. Sometimes it is easier when you jack it up to take the load off of the joints.

Promechanic
I went under there and******* it round but there wasnt any play in it

Dribbler1
Did you try to pry on it with a prybar?

Promechanic
It only happens wHen ur foot is on the gas if you take ur foot off the the gas it quits.

Dribbler1
Did you try to pry on it with a prybar?

Promechanic