ELECTRONIC CONTROLLED TRANSMISSION WON'T GO INTO POWER MODE. NO BUTTON

1990 Toyota Pickup • 200,000 miles

Bought this 1990 Toyota U-Haul 3.0 L 1 ton pickup. I. Ve been driving it for a month and only once in that time have it been in ECT power mode.I don't know how it got in that mode or why it got out of the mode but it only happened once. I believe this model did not have the ECT power button wired or itstalled and that the truck has the ECT power on all the time. I talled to a U-haul tech and thats what he told me, he also told me I would find the button in the passanger side door behind the panal. So I looked and found the button switch without any wiring harness just loose in a plastic bag. Do I have a short somewhere? Thank you for your time. Dan

Dang

I hope this is a v6. Easiest way I think is to see if the wires in teh pic are somehwere behind the dash maybe to a connector maybe not i'm sending a pic along with the colors then it can be figured out where they go. They may be jumped from one to the other so look for that as well.

Hi, couldn't find a plug in the dash anywhere however I played around making sure all wires fuses and vacuum tubes were tight, I couldn't find anything loose but after I was done checking I started the car, took it for a drive and it was in ECT mode and it worked great. Do you know what could have been loose that I could have touched that might have allowed it to work right? Thank you. Dan P.S. Thats the ECT Power light in the dash

Dang
Having not looked at it myself no I can't give you an answer. However i'dlook again because you bumped something to either grund it out to make it work.