CAR IS DYING WHILE DRIVING

1990 Toyota Corolla • 200,000 miles

The car has sat for about 6 months before it was given to me. Had some rear end work completed on the car. Once I picked up the car I filled the car with gas on a Friday. Drove over the weekend on Sunday I topped the gas off. By Monday the car started acting sluggish and the car began to die on me. It would not turn over until after a couple of minutes. Appr 10 mintues the car would start up and drive a little down the the road and die again. We changed the spark plugs, checked the battery and alternator on Tuesday. Wednesday drove the car again and the same issue of the car dying happened again. It would sputter and check engine light would come on but not stay on. If we let the car sit it would start right back up again. We added c foam to the gas and change the fuel filter. The car still did the same thing. Our next step, we changed the Distributor cap and wires, the distributor rotor, and coil. I let the car run for about 20 minutes and then drove it. It runs fine idle. Its when we are driving that it kills. It sputters and sometimes I can give it gas and it will keep going. Then sometimes it will die at the next stop and/or will die when we go to accelorate. What could be the problem? What should I look for, check, and change next?
Smith33124

I would still run a scan and look at getting the fuel pressure checked and the injectors serviced, it may be getting very sticky after sitting around for so long, also the fuel may be contaminated, take a sample and check for water or the fuel smelling off.

Mhpautos