MERCURY SABLE ROCKER ARM PROBLEM

1990 Mercury Sable • 100,000 miles

During the repair of a blown head gasket, I am at the process of tightening down the rocker arms and fulcrum bolts. The repair manuals have stated that once the the fulcrums are seated to first tighten each valve to 5nm or 44 inch pounds. I have done this on each valve after moving the crank to where the valve lifter is completely down resting on the heel or base circle of the cam lobe.
After performing this, should there be any play in the rocker arms themselves?
There is not any vertical play, but a slight lateral play. With this should the push rods be able to rotate within the pockets on the valve lifter and rocker arms? This is noticed only on the valves that are at rest. I've finished torqued the fulcrum bolts to 19-25 Foot pounds according to the manual. Is the slight play normal? Thanks
Jkarlp

You are good. Some are pumped down and as soon as the motor s started, they will settle.

Ok. Thanks for the quick response

Jkarlp