BATTERY THAT CAME WITH THE CAR IS APPROX A FEW MONTHS OLD AND WON'T HOLD A CHARGE. I'M CONSTANTLY HAVING TO CHARGE IT EVERY NIGHT. SHOULD I CHANGE TH

1990 Mercury Marquis • 63,000 miles

I don't have details just got it last week. So not familiar with a regina battery depot battery. It's rather a small battery and doesn't fit on the battery tray. Should I try changing it to a heavier battery
Furrypurry

So did you put in a small sealed cell battery?Also have you had the alternator tested yet?

I don't know what you mean by a sealed battery. It has two covers on the top that if you take them off they show the 6 cells. It is small as it doesn't fit on the tray for the battery and the clamp doesn't fit either because it is too big. No I haven't had the alternator checked I can take it in tomorrow and have it checked. Do you think I should do that or try a bigger battery tonight that a friend is going to put in for me?

Furrypurry
I think you should put the correct size battery and have the alternator tested. Keep me posted on what you find.

Ok. I will have the correct size battery put in and get the alternator tested. Thanks for your help

Furrypurry
Your welcome thats what were here for. Keep me posted on what you find.

Ok I will. And thanks again for your advice.

Furrypurry
I took in the car today and the battery was a cheap recycled one. Nothing wrong anywhere else. Alternator fine. So had it replaced with a new heavy duty battery. Oh boy labour these days yipes. Anyway everything else checked out and thanks again for your advice. I appreciated it greatly. Being on my own is hard at times. I took it in to a small garage in the area. So I know everything was done correctly. You have no idea how much I appreciated your advice. God bless you.

Furrypurry
Your welcome thats what were here for glad to hear everything worked out for best for you.