A/C

1990 Lincoln Town Car • 230,000 miles

My a/c blows cold air when I first crank it up, but then right afterwards it blows nothing but heat. It has freon the compressor turns and stop turns and stop, and the a/c thing is cold and moist. When I switch the temperature level to high it still blows heat, Even when I put it on 65 it does the same thing
Charlesray

Your probably low on refrigerant. The compressor can kick on and off if low on refrigerant. R12 refrigerant may be hard to come by and expensive.

If I don't use R-12 will it still blow heat all the time and the condenser is real cold and moist.I had someone to check it the freon was good but it was R-14

Charlesray
Usually if the compressor is kicking on and off, the refrigerant is low. If that isn't the case, might be issue with ac pressure switch? Any applicable trouble codes? Also, check directional doors under the dash.