INTERMITTENT IGNITION SHUTDOWN CAUSE

1990 Honda Civic • 250,000 miles

1990 HONDA CIVIC 1500. ENGINE IGNITION QUITING BUT WILL EVENTUALLY RESTART SOMETIMES RIGHT AWAY. NOT A FUEL PROBLEM.
Normant

So your loosing spark when it will crank and not start?

You gave me no advice I did not already know. I WAS LOOKING FOR A FIX. GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY

Normant
Iam sorry you are upset about your car not starting but please dont take it out on me.Iam only trying to help you and i was only asking you a question.Iam here to help here is a link to a easy way to test your ignition coil and module.I used it to trouble shoot my sisters bad ignition coil on her 1990 honda accord.It was simple and straight forward.

http://easyautodiagnostics.com/honda_dist_ignition/honda_ignition_systems_1.php

Sorry about the abrupt answer to yor first reply. I mistook it for your answer. I will use the information you supplied to try to solve the problem. Thank you ntm34@charter. Net

Normant
Its alright please let me know what you find its most likely going to be the ignition coil or ignition module.

How do you know it is not a fuel problem?

Gained enough information from the site you suggested to make a decision to change the control module. The ignition was not out long enough to preform the test required test to determine specific the cause ofspark loss. Engine has 3 to 4 hours without a problem since the module was changed. Prior to changing module run time was in minutes. Thank you Norman

Normant
What control module are you refering to?

IGNITER IN THE DISTRIBUTOR

Normant
Your welcome thats what were here for glad to hear you have it fixed.