1990 GMC C2500 Repair Question
1990 gmc 2500 brake warning light
Here's information on pulling Chevy Truck OBDI Brakes codes for the RWAL and AWAL brake systems and codes.
Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) 's can be displayed by jumping terminals "A" and "H" of the Data Link Connector and observing the flashing of the "BRAKE" warning light. This should only be done when the brake lamp is "ON".
The terminals must be jumped for about 20 seconds before the code will begin to flash. Count the number of short flashes starting from the long flash. Include the long flash as a count. Sometimes the first count sequence will be short. However, subsequent flashes will be accurate. If there is more than one failure, only the first recognized code will be retained and flashed.
DTC's 6, 9 and 10 will only turn the "BRAKE" lamp on while the fault exists. These are soft codes faults and can only be read with the Tech 1 scan tool.
Do not jump terminals "A" to "H" if the "BRAKE" lamp is not on. Jumping the terminals with the "BRAKE" lamp off will set a false DTC 9. This will turn the "BRAKE" lamp on and disable the antilock system.
* 1, 11, & 12 ECU Malfunction
* 2 Open Isolation Valve or Malfunctioning ECU
* 3 Open Dump Valve or ECU Malfunction
* 4 Grounded Antilock Valve Reset Switch
* 5 Eccessive Actuations of the Dump Valve
* 6 Erratic Speed Signal
* 7 Shorted Isolation Valve or Faulty ECU
* 8 Shorted Dump Valve or Faulty ECU
* 9 Open Circuit to Speed Signal
* 10 Brake Lamp Switch Circuit
* 13, 14 and 15 ECU Malfunction
24 questions asked