GEO TRACKER ABS PROBLEM

1990 Geo Tracker • 200,000 miles

1.6 eng. 4wd. Is there a 4spd auto trans that will replace the 3spd auto in a '90 ?
Mack

Nope, sorry.

What is the issue with your trans?

Just seems it could use another gear. I'll be in 3rd & truckin' & my ear tells me it could shift up. I put 235/75R 15s on it & it helped (had smaller, was a custom LTD model) but can't go too big, as we are in mts.

Mack
Are you sure it is shifting into the highest gear?

Absolutely! I have counted the shifts. Actually, our '94 5-spd acts as if it could go another gear higher. On our 2008 "Mini-gospel" tour, across the South, I would feel as if I needed to shift & check it & it was in high. Too bad they don't come w/ a 2-spd rear end. Thinking of seeing if I can put taller gears in '94 rear end. Just got to find out what's up w/ the computer going out, but that was another question.

Mack
Computer going out?

Not sure how that relates. Trans IS going into high. Just as the '94 is going into 5th. I just think they could use another notch.

Mack