A/C 134A PRESSURE

1990 Ford Crown Victoria • V8 2WD Automatic • 220,000 miles

I have a 1990 Ford Crown Victoria wagon that blew a seal in the a/c compressor. Bought new compressor, accumulator, orifice tube, new o-rings, added oil to components.
Checked for leaks with a compressor, ok; vacuumed system, and it seemed to hold the vacuum. I am in the process of charging with 134a, can anyone tell me what are the proper high and low pressures for this car?
Currently, I have the pressures at 20 psi on the low side, and 200 on the high side. Today's temperature was 77 degrees F. I am getting cool air but the compressor is still cycling on and off especially when I first start the car up.
Is this ok or should the compressor always run continuously?
Any replies would be appreciated.
Thank you
Newyorker

How much refrigerant did you put into it?

Wrenchtech
I put in approximately 24 oz. I recently found out that I should have about 36 oz. Is that about right? The compressor is cycling on and off. I will put more refrigerant in today. Do you know if the compressor should cycle or run continuously?
Thank you

Newyorker
The capacity for that car when it was R12 was 48 ounces. I assume it's been retrofit to R134A which would reduce the capacity to about 39 ounces. Retrofits don't always work out well. The system was engineered to run on different refrigerant.

Wrenchtech