REPLY TO A QUESTION FROM 12/1/10

1990 Dodge Daytona • 4 cylinder FWD Manual •

Just wanted to reply on 1990 Dodge Daytona question from settergrenh. (Question asked on Dec. 1, 2010) I have the same car and the same troubles. My headlights will open and close sometimes: they usually start by me turning the parking light swithch on or hazard lights? Something will get them started, but then everytime I open my hood and shut it they seem to quit working again. Some kind of electrical short. My tack does the same thing, I thing that is also an intermittant short. My odometer was stuck on 61,000 when I got it 10 years ago, I have searched and searched and finally found out it is the gears inside of the dash area that is causing the problem. I also has a gas problem, check the fuel hoses under the hood aroung the fuel injector throttle body, I had a few hoses leaking gas. Hope this help a little.
Punkycat

Check for body ground issues. Make sure they are tight, clean, not rusted or broken. As far as the fuel issue, check to make sure there are no leaks under the vehicle or near the tank.