OVERHEATS AND STARTING ISSUE

1990 Cadillac Deville • 120,000 miles

So my 1990 deville overheats after about 20 minutes of drive-time. Issue 2: when I start car (when cold) it will start with no problems (sounds great) but when I drive for any length of time (5mins or more) even if it doesn't overheat and I shut down (to go into store) it will not start without sitting for several minutes first. It seems like for every minute of drive time it needs to sit that long before I can restart.

If I try starting before the time needed it will act like the battery is dead, but wait a few more minutes and it starts like nothing was ever wrong.

I've changed the heater core, water pump, starter, battery and fixed several ground issues. Any help would be great
Freakmand

Is there coolant loss? Thermostat good? Recent tune up? Check engine light on? Fuel pressure tested?

Docfixit
Minimal coolant loss (some but very little), since I've been trying to figure this out I've put in 2 thermostats just incase the first was bad, service engine soon light is always on(only light that comes on)

no, have not tested fuel pressure, how is this done? I will look it up. But why/how would that cause both issues?

O' just replaced Mapping sensor and whatever that thing located right under it is (cause they were both cir-coming to massive heat)also when problem started I replaced both pcv and rfg valves.

Also the fan stopped working when problem started, so I put it on a switch and run it almost constantly.

Freakmand
Yes tune-up (plugs, wires, cap and bug) as well as everything else has been done since problem started which was about 2500 miles after I purchased the car.

Freakmand
Even when it did not overheat? Does this mean it overheated?

It may have damaged the block where the pistons are egged shape when hot and have to cool down to return to normal size.