...ELECTRICAL.SYSTEMPROBLEM...AFTER..REPLACINGTHE.MOTOR,THE.CAR.DOES.NOT.DISPLAY.THE.DASHBOARD.NOR.DRIVER.INFO.SYSTEM.WHEN.STARTED...NO.BRAKE.LIGHTS.NO.INTERIOR.LIGHTS.ETC...

1990 Cadillac Allante • 55,000 miles

1990Cadillac. Allante. Motor. Was. Replaced. And. The. Dashboard. And. Lighting. Systems. Including. Brake. Lights. Headlights. Signals. No. Longer. Work. Is. There.A. Potential. Ground. Problem?
GeminiII

What is your question?

My. Question. Is. Why. After. Changing. The. Motor. Do.I. No. Longer. Have. Dashboard. Illumination. Headlights. Interior. Lights. Brake. Lights. Etc. Everything. Else. Works.

GeminiII
Check all connections under the hood at the power distribution box. Make sure no body grounds are disconnected.

Check all the under hood maxi. Fuses and all console fuses. If its reading system problem its the info center. Youll have to swap the radio assy. Into the rebuilt info panel. Only the dealer can scan the computer now.

Cadieman
I eventually had to give it to an old school mechanic who, after (6) weeks of checking everything, found a power supply up in the right side of the dashboard that had failed. All power to everything came back online. The motor replacement guy was a moron who cost me 1200 smackers to repair his screw up! I had to replace a blown radio as well. Now I have to find the money to get the car painted. Moral of story, find a good mechanic you can trust and leave the fly by night general repair shops alone.

Josephdavis
Congradz to u.

Cadieman