CLUTCH PEDAL GOES TO THE FLOOR WITHOUT RESISTANCE

1989 Toyota Corolla

I really don't know much about clutch but I checked the clutch fluid, the container has 3/4 fluid in it. I used it yesterday and the car had no problems whatsoever. So I was surprised that the clutch was going to the floor without any resistance today. What could cause this and how can I fix it?
Mellisa89corolla

The slave cylinder on the bell housing is a common failure. If it is hydraulic, I recommend replacing both the master and slave.

You need to make sure the clutch is not the issue as well. Something internal may have failed.

I suggest getting a shop to check it for you and give you a bid.

The clutch master cylinder has failed if the fluid level is still good. If fluid level is low, there is a leakage somewhere and it could be a leaking hose, a failed master or slave cylinder.

Master and slave cylinders would have to be replaced if they are faulty. If fluid level is low, topping up an bleeding the system might allow you to drive the vehicle to the mechanics but if the fluids are leaking too fast, then too bad.

Okay thanks! Will do that

Mellisa89corolla
I found no leaks, i'll drive it to the shop, thanks for all your help! Much appreciated : )

Mellisa89corolla