CAR NOT STARTING AFTER I REPLACED FUEL PUMP

1989 Nissan Maxima • 200,000 miles

The car had no electrical power so I replaced the posititive battary cable. Then the starter would crank but the engine would not turn over. I pulled the fuel line off the filter and there was no fuel coming out during starting. I replaced the fuel pump. I was told to prime the pump by turning the key from the off to on position a few times. Car still would not start. Repeated process a couple of times. Finally while attempting to prime the pump I heard the pump come on and after this the car started. It ran for a few seconds and then died. Started again ran for a while longer and then died. Started again and it continued to run until I closed the door. After a couple more times of starting and closing the door it finally continued to run. I let it idle for five minutes and then was going to take it for a test drive and went to close the hood and the car died and now I cannot get it to start again. I have tested the wire harness under the rear seat like my manual says and there is power going to the fuel pump. Also the car has one fuel injector does not work.
Sdallen1981

You need to check and make sure the fuel pump is producing enough pressure. If you have a bad injector, it should be replaced.