WONT START KEEPS WINDING OVER

1989 Mercedes Benz 300e • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic •

Hi I have a 1989 300e and it wont start it has done it onece b4 then I tried it 30mins later and it went we were driveing it and it was going fine then it got parked up 4 a week and it just wont start now. It has good fuel presure up to the engine and it has good spark but just keeps winding over
454chevy

Get a helper disconnect a spark plug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

If both fuel and spark is present-check the valve and ignition timing, this will lead you to problems
with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time/broken or jumped timing
belt/chain.