I RECENTLY PURCHASED A 2.6 WHICH APPEARS TO BE FITTED WITH A FACTORY ALARM.

1989 Mercedes Benz 190e • 49,000 miles

I recently purchased a 1989 190E 2.6 which appears to be fitted with a factory alarm. There is no information about this in the owners manual. There is a small red indicator in the panel above the centre air vents which I assume is the flashing light when the alarm is activated with the central locking. The problem I have is that this light does not flash and therefore I am not sure if the alarm is set or not. No direction indicator lights flash and there is no chirp from the underbonnet alarm horn. Could it be that the indicator light in the dash has failed, or that the previous owner had the alarm deactivated? Any help in how to test and operate the system would be appreciated. Mel
Mel Ingram

Refer to schematic. Check the fuse for the alarm.

Rivermikerat
Many thanks for your quick reply, unfortunately the schematics you sent are blurred when enlarged, and I am unable to read them.I would be grateful if you could send them in a higher resolution mode.
Mel Ingram

Mel Ingram
Click on my name in my reply. That will take you to my profile page. Under my name on that page is a link to send me a message. In the subject, give me year, make and model. In the body, tell me what images you need and your email address. I'll enlarge them with Photoshop and then send them to you.

Rivermikerat
Sorry to be such a pain, but I can't find a link on your profile page! I have a 1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6. I would be very grateful if you could send me circuit diagrams and any information you have relating to the factory fitted anti theft alarm. My email address is mel271@fsmail. Net
Many thanks,
Mel Ingram.

Mel Ingram
Sent.

Rivermikerat