BUYING A CAR WITH A CARBURATOR THAT HAS BEEN STORED FOR 4 YEARS WITHOUT MOVING IT AND NEED TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING I NEED TO DO BEFORE STARTING IT? LIKE DRAINING THE OLD GAS AND PUTTING NEW ONE?

1989 Honda Accord • 98,000 miles

Buying a car with a carburator that has been stored for 4 years without moving it and need to know if there is anything I need to do before starting it? Like draining the old gas and putting new one?
Gonzalez

Start with your intention and also check oil/coolant level

My '89 Accord was sitting for 7 (seven) years before I started driving it this June. I didn't change anything til last month but did have work on it (timing belt; alternator water pump)I just bought a radiator but didn't install it yet, I used bars leaks and it made it for my 200 mile trip I just came back from and the bars leaks held up (I have the rad in my trunk just in case).
But you should replace your oil and your antifreeze [don't forget to use distilled water if using full strength.

Steventurok
Oh, it has 111,500 miles : )

Steventurok