WHAT IS CAUSING IT TO BACKFIRE AND HAVE TO POWER WHEN I PUT IT IN GEAR AND TRY TO DRIVE IT?

1989 Ford Bronco • 180,000 miles

I have a 1989 Ford Bronco with a 302 motor. The truck just died on me one day. I have replaced the coil, pickup coil, ignition module, rotor, distributor cap. It will start but it backfires alot and when you try to put it in grear it has absolutley no power. HELP what is wrong and how do I fix it?
Bobbybarber

Check ignition timing. Make sure fuel pump is producing enough pressure, and check to make sure the catalytic converter isn't plugged.

LET'S MAKE SURE YOU GOT THEM PLUG WIRES BACK ON THE DISTRIBUTOR WHERE THEY GO

I HAD TO PUT A MODULE ON A '88 A WHILE BACK, I HAD TO REMOVE THE DISTRIBUTOR TO GET IT ON, MAKE SURE IF YOU PICKED UP THE DIST. YOU LINED IT BACK UP ON TDC AND INSTALLED THE ROTOR BUTTON ON # 1 TOWER (MECHANICALLY TIMED) THEN TIME IT WITH A TIMING LIGHT

HAVE YOUR BUDDY CHECK BEHIND YOU

SOMETIMES I GET FOCUSED AND HAVE TUNNEL VISION ON WHAT I "THINK" I HAVE DONE CORRECTLY.

WE'RE HERE TO HELP, GIVE US MORE DETAIL ON THE SITUATION, OR ASK MORE QUESTIONS, WE WILL DO ALL WE CAN