CULESS

1989 Eagle Summit • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 179,000 miles

I have a 1989 Eagle Summit It will go about a mile then dies, and wont start for an hour I change the air filter it was full of oil
Sfkline

Check the crankcase ventilation system especially the PCV valve and also the fuel pressure to rule out a failing fuel pump or do below

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing