CHRYSLER 5TH AVENUE COOLANT PROBLEM

1989 Chrysler 5th Avenue • 150,000 miles

When I started my car It seemed to be running faster/louder while idleing. It also smelled really bad like burnt oil. And my car was putting out alooot of exhaust. More than any other car ive seen. What could this be?

Did you recently overheat it? Have you checked your fluids levels?

Fixitmr
I did not over heat it. But I did put in coolant and after I checked the coolant was empty.

Davidthebmxer
Old car. Has any engine rebuild or major gasket work been done on it that you know of? It sounds like your blowin your coolant out the exhaust. Could be intake gasket leak if it seems to run smooth. Bad miss would point to head gasket leak/crack. What motor is it?

Fixitmr
Nevermind the coolant just went into the radiator from the filling tank.

Davidthebmxer
318 v8

Davidthebmxer
I also forgot to put in half water in the coolant

Davidthebmxer
Is it empty? When cool check radiator cap itself for full. Fill there first then overflow/capture tank. When was last time you checked coolant level before this happened.

Fixitmr
It is full in the radiator cap. It was not empty before.

Davidthebmxer
Ok so what about driving it? What's the outside temp where your at?

Fixitmr
When you said smells like burning oil did you mean exhaust or engine compartment?

Fixitmr