1989 Chevrolet S-10 • 200,000 miles

I recently had my transmission rebuilt due to a leak and while it was being rebuilt I told the guy to put a two wheel drive tailshaft and housing so I could eliminate the transfer case because its broke and I dont use it anyways. So while I was putting it in, I noticed a hole on the side of the new tailshaft housing where the speed sensor goes but my 4wd speed sensor is smaller and has an electrical connection instead of a cable. I was wondering how to convert it or do I have to buy a universal speedo. Thanks.
January 18, 2012.

As long as the electrical matches up on the speed sensor, then you can just install a new one.

Jan 18, 2012.