BATTERY DIES WHEN CA IS LEFT OFF FOR 3-4 HOURS OR MORE.

1988 Oldsmobile Toronado • 155,000 miles

Car will start after running for about 15-20 minutes. Left off longer than that it will die. Ive tested the Neg post and cable in series and have a.01 mA draw
Miah61068

If you only have a.01 mA draw, that isn't the problem. How old is the battery?

About a week old. Im so stumped by this one : (

Miah61068
There has to be more of a draw to kill it that fast. Check the diodes in the alt.

How do I do that? Lol Alt isnt even a year old yet either. But ill check em

Miah61068
Have it tested at a parts store. The diodes are designed to allow power to travel in one direction. If they are bad, power will draw to ground.

Had it checked about 3 months ago when the issue started but ill take it tomorrow and check again

Miah61068
You know, it is an idea. However, with all the more draw you are seeing, the battery shouldn't go dead. Something must change the draw after sitting for some time.

But drain the battery dead that fast. Within a couple hours its dead. Taking it to autozone tonight

Miah61068
Let me know what you find. Something isn't making sense to me. With that small of a draw, it shouldn't kill the battery. Disconnect the battery and see if it goes dead on its own.