HOW DO I FIX BRAKE PROBLEMS?

1988 Nissan Truck • 30,000 miles

I have an 88' Nissan Pickup Truck with brake problems, the rear drum brakes work, but the front disk brakes don't, I bleed the brake system properly, and this worked for a few days, but then the disk brakes failed again, what can cause this?
Papajohnslice

Have you checked the master cylinder?

Yes I did, it was leaking against the power booster, so I know I will have to replace the Master Cylinder, but my friend told me if it leaks on the power booster I will need to replace it as well, is this true?

Papajohnslice
If the booster is not leaking, it is not necessary to replace it. Just ensure it has not been flooded by brake fluids. If it ha, you would need to drain it, and a fine vinyl tube should do the trick.

Alright thanks, that answered my question, I checked everything and the power booster was still good, but I had to replace the master cylinder, thanks for all your help.

Papajohnslice
You're welcome.

Glad to know you have fixed the problem.

Have a great day.