MAZDA B2200 ENGINE PROBLEM

1988 Mazda b2200 • 247,000 miles

We just replaced our engine with another used one and can't get it to run right. Runs rough, back fires, won't stAy running, and worst of all there is oil spiting out the exhaust. Please help us with any suggestions? Also if you know of a website to get a free diagram of the vacuum hoses to make sure those are correct? Please and thank you
Tammymoffett

If it is spitting oil out thew exhaust I feel that you have serious issues, did you do a comp test on this engine or hear it run before you purchased it?

Mhpautos
First, thank you for responding. No, we did not do any test on the motor but we were told it ran good. So we took there word on it and maybe that's our first mistake, not sure yet. We do think we might have vacuum hoses wrong but still nothing to do with oil. Any good sites For vacuum hose diagrams?

Tammymoffett
Do the comp test first just to make sure the engine nis ok and if so I will find the vacuum info.

Mhpautos
Ok I was wrong about oil out of exhaust, the oil is coming out of the manifold as I was corrected. Anyways we will figure it out I guess and if we have any other questions I will get back to you. Sorry and thank you for your time. Oh and I will try to find the diagrams myself, still need them no matter if motor is good or bad.

Tammymoffett
This should help.

Mhpautos