PROBLEMS WITH STARTING MK 2 IF I LEAVE THE CAR FOR 2 DAYS IT WILL NOT START. WHEN I USE THE CAR EVERY DAY ITS NO PROBLEM I HAVE FITTED A NEW CARB & PETROL PUMP BUT NO CHANGE ITS BEEN LIKE THIS FOR 8 YEARS ?

1988 Ford Fiesta • 89,000 miles

Problems with starting Mk 2 1988 Ford Fiesta, If I leave the car for 2 days it will not start & then after about 5 mins it starts to fire & slowly it picks up & starts Its been like this for 8 years I fitted a new Weber 32 carb & petrol pump but still no change If I use the car every day it starts first time every time, What do you think?
Fredpope

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing