HELP

1988 Ford F-150 • 150 miles

I have a quick question I wont to know how to change my key collar for my ford f 1 50 1988 5.0
beacuse it wont start my truck with out my messing with my battery or hitting the gas padel for 1 hour
Leslie sharp

I think I know what your talking about? Replacing the ignition key lock cylinder. If so, here is the removal process: 1 Disconnect negative battery cable. On non-tilt column vehicles remove steering wheel and trim pad. On models with automatic transmissions, place gearshift in park position ( any position on manual transmissions) Insert key and turn cylinder to the on position.
2 Insert 1/8 diameter pin or allen wrench in hole on outside of steering column casting, near hazard warning button, on tilt models. Insert pin in hole near base of lock cylinder on non-tilt models. On all models, depress pin and pull out on lock cylinder to remove
Installation
Lubricate lock cylinder with grease. Turn lock cylinder to on position. Depress retaining pin and insert cylinder into housing. Make sure that cylinder is fully seated and aligned with interlocking washer. Turn key, and check operation of lock cylinder.
Let me know if this answers your question or if you have any more questions.
Talk to you soon, TY

Ty Anderson