THIS IS A FOLLOW UP TO MY PREVIOUS QUESTION ABOUT MY DRIVERS SIDE SEAT BELT.

1988 Dodge Daytona • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 77,000 miles

I finally got around to removing the seat belt motor(retractor) and while it was in my hand it did not retract. I see that there are plastic caps on both sides of the motor, the right side says caution do not remove the left side did not. I examined the left side I noticed that there appeared to be something loose so as I started to pop the plastic cap(covering) off and the roller literally rolled up on its own, I had to hold it in place to keep from retracting all the way up. Inside the cap were several small parts one of which was a round plastic disc with teeth around it, this piece was cracked in half so I applied krazy glue and let it sit for about twenty minutes and put everything back in place. The belt motor worked almost as well as it did before it stopped but was short lived. After two days, last night it pretty much stopped working again, maybe the platic piece cracked again and I also noticed that while I had it working that the shoulder strap which should stop rolling on a dime in the event of a sudden stop to prevent the driver from moving foward was not doing so, it continued to roll out and retract back. One other detail is there an easier way to get to the roller than having to basically remove both upper and lower panels, the motor is directly above the speaker but I do not have enough room to get at the bolts unless I loosen panels. One website said it should only take 15 minutes to remove.
Pentelicus

You should reply to your previous post