ASE QUESTION

1988 Chrysler Aspen • 99,999 miles

I think I might know the answer but I just want to cofirm my thaughts
ok the question is A vehicle has an intermittently blinking parking light; technician A checks the circuit for loose connections, Technician B replaces the bulb with a known good one, who is correct?
technician A
technician B
Both
or Neither
Nemir89

A is right and B can be right too.

Both could be wrong if the fluid level in master cylinder is low or the switch is bad.

I had answer A and I got it wrong so there fore a bulb filament could be opening and closing causing the light to blink

Nemir89
Low fluid level would cause it to blink tho? Or would it just cause it to light up?

Nemir89
Yup, seen them happen before but A should be the first step whereas B is the final resort if everything turns out correct. Tapping the meter cluster to check is one way of doing it.

Practical work and theory tests are two different world in everyday life and experience is all that counts in between.

Not necessarily. If the level is just at a point when it is enough to close the switch, light stays off. Any movement of the vehicle can result in the fluids sloshing around to cause the light to come on or go off. It is like you are laying with the switch.

Make sense, so the best answer for this question would be neither?

Nemir89
Tricky question

Nemir89
I would put both as the correct answer. Tricky questions are known as no brainers as they are usually made by people with no brains.

Im kinda confused with the question, I understand how the system works but I dont know if they are trying to trick me with their question

Nemir89