CHEVROLET ASTRO DISTRIBUTOR PROBLEM

1988 Chevrolet Astro • 145,000 miles

I have a 4.3 engine in my 1988 chevy astro. One injector works and srays on start up, then quits. It is running on 3 cylinders because of this, check wires on distributor, no change on the three. Have any Ideas. All I did was change spark plugs, they are gapped correctly. I know timing is off, but will not keep running long enough to check. What could cause injector to quit one it is started? I am disabled, and cannot get to work. In serious bind.
Jshelby210

Do an ohms test on injectors and compare. Check them cold and hot. One of my colleagues told me an ohms test on injectors isn't worth much, he may be right, but, maybe you'll get lucky.

Check mil codes, you can check those, yourself. Use a jumper wire between A & B terminals at the datalink connector. Turn key just till the dash lites come on, no further. The mil starts flashing, you count the flashes to get the codes. Your looking for two digit codes.

Check injector wiring circuit and connector.