FUSE BLOWS ,CHARGE LITE COMES ON ,NOCHARGING ,NOTURN SIGNALS,NO GAS OR TEMP GUAGE WHERE DO I START?

1987 Toyota Pickup • 25,000 miles

Driving along fuse pops charge light comes on, turn signals out, gas and temp gage out, replace fuse it pops again and again.
Flivverkng

Need to know fuse ID IGN, Charge, AM1 location?

Docfixit
Do you have to drive for it to pop?

Fixitmr
The fuse is the engine fuse located in the fusebox lh side psgnr compartment. No you don't have to drive or even start the engine yuo just turn key and it blows, Ibelive that it is suposed to be a15 amp fuse. My intuition tells me that there is a stuck relay somewhere, maybe a charging relay or somthing in the emission controls as when the fuse is blown the choke pulloff doesn, t work either.

Flivverkng
I just remedied this same symptom in 87 truck. This is referred to as ignition circuit. It splits just above fuse panel. Red wire drk blue tics. I opened circuit at split & reconnected to source. No problem on wire running forward to engine (choke & who knows what else), but blew fuse when connected to leg going up behind, along dash, then under passenger seat, beneath cab, over tranny to back-up light switch. This is where I found short. Rewired a 4' run from reverse light sw to "clean" wire just below cab outlet. (Under passenger seat). I also rewired a new fuse holder in line just above fuse panel, rehoined the two wires @ split & have been driving along happily ever since. This circuit does go on to rear for turn indicators too, so you might check tail lamp assmbly's too. I feel fortunate it wasn't something up front. This circuit wanders all over the vehicle, but the red wire w/drk blu tick showed up again @ reverse light sw. I didn't see it up front and once I did rewire @ tranny sw problem solved. It didn't come easily though & I hope this helps you. DO NOT use higher amp fuses in hopes of quick fix. The resultant damage could be extensive.

Hsmllc
Can someone clarify this response?Split above fuse pannel? How does it split is the split @ the fuse box? By sourse do you mean the battery?If it was the tail lamp assmby by disconnecting and testing the harness under the collum?

Flivverkng
Look at diagram of fuse box which one blows?

Docfixit