B2600 OVERHEATING

1987 Mazda 121 • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 150,000 miles

1987 Mazda B2600 2.6L mileage: 150,000. I just completely overhauled the engine had it bored out to ten thousandths of and inch, put a remanufactured head on it, new pistons, cut the crank with new rods and mains. When I reassembled everything, I was extremely careful to torque every bolt to the specs that I have in my repair manual. After I got everything together and ran the engine, I found that the engine was overheating with or without the thermostat installed. I have good flow through the radiator and no leakage past the rings or through the head gasket. It is not leaking antifreeze anywhere. Please help.
2CarPros-Archives

Here are some things to check. Is the ignition timing adjusted properly? Is there exhaust gases in the cooling system? That can be easily checked by a radiator repair center with a sample of coolant with engine running. Is the fan clutch engaging when the engine is hot?

2CarPros-Archives