COLD CRANK, NO START.

1987 Ford F-150 • 190,000 miles

Hey, for the passed two days i've went out to my truck at 8: 30am and it would crank and crank but wouldnt start. I noticed the fuel pump wasn't buzzing on. Then both days I went back out an hour later and the fuel pump would buzz on and the truck would start with no problem. Throughout both days after I got it started, it would start no problem over and over throughout the day and night. But after I park it and it sits over night then I try in the morning this problem arrises. I really need some help i'd appriciate it! Thanks.
Drumdrum_00

As far as the fuel pump, initial prime. There are two ways to ground the fuel pump relay. One is from the computer, another fuel pump ground is the self test connector, proper terminal. The self test connector should be under the hood, passenger side, under starter relay. The proper terminal wire is tan with lite green tracer. Looking at cavity end of self test connector, the proper cavity should be lower right, note the wiring color. With key on, if you use a jumper wire from that cavity to chassis ground, the pump should run, no need to crank it.

I'd probably end up checking voltage and ground at the fuel pump relay when problem is ongoing.