FORD F-100 OIL PRESSURE PROBLEM

1987 Ford F-100 • V8 4WD Manual • 134,524 miles

I was pulling one of my buddies out of the mud. Yes I was really getting on it, this is my play toy. My truck lost oil pressure. The oil level is in good shape, motor runs just like it did, the water temp. Is in the good.. When this happened my engine light came on and stayed on. Should I replace the oil pressure sending unit or oil pressure gauge.
Thunderous power

Check the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge, if normal replace the oil pressure switch. If abnormal could mean oil pump and engine bearing

Thanks.

Thunderous power
Will that make the engine light come on.

Thunderous power
THIS IS SORTA WHAT YOU NEED TO CHECK YOUR PRESSURE WITH.

IT'S ALSO POSSIBLE THAT YOU SHEARED/ BROKE THE "LINK" SOMEWHERE BETWEEN THE BOTTOM OF THE DISTRIBUTOR AND THE OIL PUMP.

IF THE MECHANICAL GAUGE AIN'T READING NOTHIN' SHUT HIM DOWN!

YOU CAN BUY ONE OF THOSE INEXPENSIVE MECHANICAL UNDER DASH UNITS, TO TEST WITH. FIND ONE YOU LIKE, YOU MAY WANT TO ACTUALLY KEEP/ USE IT UNDER THE DASH PERMANENTLY.

THE "STILL RUNNING GOOD" PART (NO RATTLES OR KNOCKING) DOES POINT YOU TOWARD THE "ELECTRIC SYSTEM". THE SENDERS, WOULD PROBABLY BE EZer TO ACCESS AND EZer TO GET AT A PARTS STORE.I ALSO DOUBT, THE GAUGE WOLD MAKE THE ENGINE LIGHT COME ON.

KEEP US UPDATED