FORD BRONCO BODY PROBLEM

1987 Ford Bronco • 200,000 miles

Ok, I have a blown 2.9 in this bronco ll right now. On hand I have a complete 300 inline 6 with tranny and transfer case. The bronco has at least 3" of body lift on it. My question is, am I going to have to do any body mods to get this engine in the truck. I won't be using the fan on the engine so that's about 6" of length I'm doing away with right off the bat. I just don't want to go cutting into the firewall if I don't have to.

Obviously this is a bronco II and no a 300 inline won't fit due to lack of room for it.

Ok, this is a 3 vehicle project I'm working here. I have a 4x4 f150 with a good 300 inline 6 and good tranny and transfer case, but no title. I was thinking of fabbing cabmounts and putting the body of an extended cab ranger on the f150 frame, and putting the 4.0 out of the ranger into the bronco in place of the blown 2.9 Any thoughts on this?

Craig jaster
Lot of work for one, and I think the rangercab is to small for the full size frame, but do what you want. Lot easier just to get another 2.9 or maybe a 4.0 V6 to put in ranger. I'd think. Curse you'll have to chagne computer ifyou go to a larger engine.