DODGE OTHER ENGINE PROBLEM

1987 Dodge Other

Ive been getting the run around on this part by 4 different mechanics they all sayd it is all a different part so I got 4 different answers to this part please help me if you can I would appreciate it very much and thank you for your time
what is it?
and what does it do?

Krut552

LOOKS SORTA LIKE A STEEPER MOTOR (ON A LATER JEEP CJ IT WOULD BE ON THE BACKSIDE)----MAYBE A SLOW CUT SOLENOID OR A FORK SOLENOID?

WHAT IS IT ON. DO YOU KNOW THE TYPE CARB?

I MAY BE ABLE TO GET YOU A DIAGRAM OF THE SYSTEM.I SORTA GLANCED AT A FEW IN "MITCHELL I" FOR A COLT E.I NEED MORE SPECIFIC VEHICLE AND ENGINE INFO

THE PORT BESIDE ITIS THAT THE FUEL LINE OR IS IT A VENT OR VACUUM LINE?

DEPENDING ON WHAT IT IS, AND IF YOU ARE POLLUTION TESTED OR NOT. IT MAY BE EXTRA WEIGHT ON YOUR VEHICLE, 'ROUND HERE, WE'VE BEEN SWAPPING THE LATER JEEP CJ CARB FOR AN EARLIER 1979 CARB, WHICH DOES NOT HAVE THE EXTRA CROP ON IT.

ALTHOUGH THIS CARB IS NOT THE SAME AS IN THE JEEP CJ.I'LL SHOW YOU SAME JUST PURCHASED REBUILT CARB OF '79----THAT REPLACES THE 1986 THAT HAS THE STEPPER MOTOR ON THE BACKTHE '79 WAS $100 CHEAPER THAN THE "STEPPER" 86. THE '79 IS THE CLEAN ONE

WE FIGURED HALF THE POLLUTION CRAP WAS REMOVED AND NOT WORKING. ACTUALLY MAKING IT RUN WORSE. WHY NOT MAKE THE SYSTEMS WORK RIGHT, BY MAKING THE ENGINE RUN BETTER, BY REVERTING IT BACK LIKE A '79. ELIMINATING THE NEED FOR ALL OF THE EXTRA VACUUM LINES (AND POSSIBLE VACUUM LEAKS) NOT NEEDED TO MAKE IT RUN. WE KEPT THE VACUUM ADVANCE AND THE PCV. IF HE HAD POWER BRAKES OR AN AUTOMATIC TRANNY THOSE WOULDA BEEN A KEEPER TOO. BUT HE DIDN'T. AND WE'RE NOT TESTED

YOUR TURN