FUEL PUMP

1987 Chevrolet Blazer • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic •

How do I remove the fuel pump fron the gas tank of my 1987 blazer> thanks
Freddytoledo

Actually removing the pump is easy. It's dropping the tank that may take a little time. With some pickups it might be easier to remove the bed rather than remove the tank. That may not apply in this case?

If you have to drop the tank, you drain the tank first. Take negative battery cable loose. Make sure there is no pressure on the fuel system. Take all lines loose from the tank, electrical--gas lines--evap line-- filler tube, whatever. If you don't have a lift, use a floor jack to support tank. Take straps loose, lower the tank. I use a brass drift to take the locking ring loose for the fuel pump. Installation is the reverse of removal. Replace sock filter and inline fuel filter. When you install the pump, make sure the float can work freely.

Found a U-tube video. Took off pump and saw a large hole in tubing that is in the tank just befor the pump. Parts dealer ordered it for me 20$ a foot but well worth it. This car sat for a long time and tube rotted away!

Freddytoledo
I don't know how much trouble you went to? I wouldn't go into that without replacing the pump, if original, and the filter sock. Also, inspect the inside of tank.

I'm glad you got it going your way.